Iraq was remarkably quiet today even though security officials said that foreign fighters have been entering Iraq and could be behind some of the notable attacks in recent months. At least five Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in light violence. Among the casualties was an elderly Christian couple.
In Mosul, two policemen were killed in a small arms attack in Bursa.
Two civilians were wounded in a landmine explosion near Qaim.
The Iranian ambassador Hassan Danaeefar said that 110 Iranian prisoners would be released.
A man suspected of robbing a money exchange was arrested in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018
- Home Invasion and Bomb Rattle Town near Balad; Nine Killed Across Iraq – February 12th, 2018