Iraq was remarkably quiet today even though security officials said that foreign fighters have been entering Iraq and could be behind some of the notable attacks in recent months. At least five Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in light violence. Among the casualties was an elderly Christian couple.
In Mosul, two policemen were killed in a small arms attack in Bursa.
Two civilians were wounded in a landmine explosion near Qaim.
The Iranian ambassador Hassan Danaeefar said that 110 Iranian prisoners would be released.
A man suspected of robbing a money exchange was arrested in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017