Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, lawyers will ask President Jalal Talabani for a pardon for former Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz who was sentenced to death last month.
A Sahwa leader was killed and three members were injured after a blast yesterday in Amin.
A sticky bomb killed a passport official and wounded two of his guards in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Baquba killed a Sahwa member last night.
A female body was found in Bashiqa.
In Rabeaa, police arrested three suspects, one an illegal Saudi immigrant. Weapons and explosives were also found.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 279 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014