Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, lawyers will ask President Jalal Talabani for a pardon for former Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz who was sentenced to death last month.
A Sahwa leader was killed and three members were injured after a blast yesterday in Amin.
A sticky bomb killed a passport official and wounded two of his guards in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Baquba killed a Sahwa member last night.
A female body was found in Bashiqa.
In Rabeaa, police arrested three suspects, one an illegal Saudi immigrant. Weapons and explosives were also found.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 3,790 Killed Across Iraq in September – September 30th, 2014
- At Least 246 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014