Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, lawyers will ask President Jalal Talabani for a pardon for former Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz who was sentenced to death last month.
A Sahwa leader was killed and three members were injured after a blast yesterday in Amin.
A sticky bomb killed a passport official and wounded two of his guards in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Baquba killed a Sahwa member last night.
A female body was found in Bashiqa.
In Rabeaa, police arrested three suspects, one an illegal Saudi immigrant. Weapons and explosives were also found.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014