Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, lawyers will ask President Jalal Talabani for a pardon for former Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz who was sentenced to death last month.
A Sahwa leader was killed and three members were injured after a blast yesterday in Amin.
A sticky bomb killed a passport official and wounded two of his guards in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Baquba killed a Sahwa member last night.
A female body was found in Bashiqa.
In Rabeaa, police arrested three suspects, one an illegal Saudi immigrant. Weapons and explosives were also found.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015
- Iraq: 187 Killed, 100 Kidnapped – February 25th, 2015
- Series of Bombs Torment Baghdad; 197 Killed across Iraq – February 24th, 2015
- New Zealand Prepares Troop Deployment; 68 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2015
- Siege of al-Baghdadi Continues; 272 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2015