At least two Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, unapologetic Iraqi officials seem recklessly nonchalant about the increasing defections of Sunni Awakening Council members back to al-Qaeda groups. Also, Iraqiya leader, Ayad Allawi, continues to warn the West of Iran’s meddling in Iraq.
In Baghdad, three people were wounded when two bombs exploded in Abu Dsheer. A bomb planted on a car belonging to a Sadrist politician exploded on Palestine Street and wounded two people, including the politician.
Gunmen killed two officers and wounded two others during an attack on their checkpoint in Anna.
A family of four was wounded in a sticky bomb attack in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018