At least two Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, unapologetic Iraqi officials seem recklessly nonchalant about the increasing defections of Sunni Awakening Council members back to al-Qaeda groups. Also, Iraqiya leader, Ayad Allawi, continues to warn the West of Iran’s meddling in Iraq.
In Baghdad, three people were wounded when two bombs exploded in Abu Dsheer. A bomb planted on a car belonging to a Sadrist politician exploded on Palestine Street and wounded two people, including the politician.
Gunmen killed two officers and wounded two others during an attack on their checkpoint in Anna.
A family of four was wounded in a sticky bomb attack in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018