At least two Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, unapologetic Iraqi officials seem recklessly nonchalant about the increasing defections of Sunni Awakening Council members back to al-Qaeda groups. Also, Iraqiya leader, Ayad Allawi, continues to warn the West of Iran’s meddling in Iraq.
In Baghdad, three people were wounded when two bombs exploded in Abu Dsheer. A bomb planted on a car belonging to a Sadrist politician exploded on Palestine Street and wounded two people, including the politician.
Gunmen killed two officers and wounded two others during an attack on their checkpoint in Anna.
A family of four was wounded in a sticky bomb attack in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018