At least eight Iraqis were killed and 31 more were wounded in the latest attacks. In Kurdistan, over 100 children killed during the Saddam era were reburied during a somber ceremony. Also, the U.S., Turkey and Iraq have drafted a plan to fight jointly against the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) even though the PKK has been seeking a truce.
In Baghdad, a bomb left in a bag at a liquor store in Zayouna exploded, killing three people and wounding seven others. A Baghdadia TV reporter is in critical condition after losing his legs to a bomb planted on his car in Doura; five bystanders were also wounded. A bomb in Ali al-Saleh wounded two people.
Two people were killed and five more were wounded during a tribal dispute in Tal Afar.
Six civilians were injured during a blast at a petrol station in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen attacked the Balad home of an Awakening Council (Sahwa) member and wounded five relatives.
A detainee died at Camp Cropper after he had stopped breathing. No cause of death has been determined yet, but the detainee had a history of severe asthma.
Over 100 Kurdish children, who were killed in the Anfal Operation, were ceremoniously reburied in Chamchamal.
Four suspects were captured in Touz Khormato.
A curfew is in effect for Anbar province.
A raid in Fallujah netted a suspected high-ranking gunman.
A weapons cache was found in Wassit province.
A wanted man was captured near Kirkuk.
A Katyusha rocket was found in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018