Updated at 4:18 p.m. EDT, March 14, 2010
More partial election returns trickled out of Iraq today. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki appears to be leading, especially in Baghdad, but other blocs have seen success in outlying provinces. At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
In Baghdad, a bomb blast killed one person and wounded ten others in the Doura neighborhood. A bomb in Ghazaliya wounded three people, including two policemen. Two people were killed and 19 more were wounded by a pair of blasts in Shuala.
Two decomposed bodies were found in Samarra.
Another prematurely exploding car bomb killed three gunmen near Rabeaa and Zamar.
Gunmen wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
Police freed a child and arrested a kidnapper near Amara.
Seven suspects were captured across Basra province.
In separate locations within Wassit province, two suspects were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018