Updated at 4:18 p.m. EDT, March 14, 2010
More partial election returns trickled out of Iraq today. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki appears to be leading, especially in Baghdad, but other blocs have seen success in outlying provinces. At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
In Baghdad, a bomb blast killed one person and wounded ten others in the Doura neighborhood. A bomb in Ghazaliya wounded three people, including two policemen. Two people were killed and 19 more were wounded by a pair of blasts in Shuala.
Two decomposed bodies were found in Samarra.
Another prematurely exploding car bomb killed three gunmen near Rabeaa and Zamar.
Gunmen wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
Police freed a child and arrested a kidnapper near Amara.
Seven suspects were captured across Basra province.
In separate locations within Wassit province, two suspects were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Their Own; 12 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2017
- Heavy Fighting and Counterattacks in Mosul; 61 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2017
- Hawija Displaced Found Dead; 200 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017