Updated at 4:18 p.m. EDT, March 14, 2010
More partial election returns trickled out of Iraq today. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki appears to be leading, especially in Baghdad, but other blocs have seen success in outlying provinces. At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
In Baghdad, a bomb blast killed one person and wounded ten others in the Doura neighborhood. A bomb in Ghazaliya wounded three people, including two policemen. Two people were killed and 19 more were wounded by a pair of blasts in Shuala.
Two decomposed bodies were found in Samarra.
Another prematurely exploding car bomb killed three gunmen near Rabeaa and Zamar.
Gunmen wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
Police freed a child and arrested a kidnapper near Amara.
Seven suspects were captured across Basra province.
In separate locations within Wassit province, two suspects were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017
- Explosion Kills Caliphate Cubs; 75 Killed Across Iraq – August 12th, 2017