No casualties were reported on the prayer day. However, even as Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdulmahdi and U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates were in Washington, D.C. discussing the security situation ahead of March elections, another Iraqi vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, warned that the situation will deteriorate.
Two Katyusha rockets struck a home in Kirkuk, but no casualties were reported.
Amara police captured a gang who would wear military uniforms while robbing homes.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were picked-up in Karbala and accused of planning attacks against Arbaeen pilgrims. Arbaeen is Feb. 4.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017