No casualties were reported on the prayer day. However, even as Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdulmahdi and U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates were in Washington, D.C. discussing the security situation ahead of March elections, another Iraqi vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, warned that the situation will deteriorate.
Two Katyusha rockets struck a home in Kirkuk, but no casualties were reported.
Amara police captured a gang who would wear military uniforms while robbing homes.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were picked-up in Karbala and accused of planning attacks against Arbaeen pilgrims. Arbaeen is Feb. 4.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018