No casualties were reported on the prayer day. However, even as Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdulmahdi and U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates were in Washington, D.C. discussing the security situation ahead of March elections, another Iraqi vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, warned that the situation will deteriorate.
Two Katyusha rockets struck a home in Kirkuk, but no casualties were reported.
Amara police captured a gang who would wear military uniforms while robbing homes.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were picked-up in Karbala and accused of planning attacks against Arbaeen pilgrims. Arbaeen is Feb. 4.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018