Saturday: 11 Iraqis Wounded
The continuing Eid al-Adha holiday may be limiting reporting from Iraq, but it has not stopped acrimonious reflection on the political process in the country. A compromise on the elections law debate is awaiting Kurdish approval. At least 11 Iraqis were wounded in attacks across central and northern Iraq.
A mortar attack on a central Hilla hotel that houses a U.S. consulate left eight wounded.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, a hand grenade lobbed at an army patrol wounded a woman instead.
In Baghdad, mourners gathered between Eid festivities at a new cemetery in Adhamiya.
Three brothers were arrested on terror charges in Suwayra.
A French firm is in Karbala to assess a security offer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016