Saturday: 11 Iraqis Wounded
The continuing Eid al-Adha holiday may be limiting reporting from Iraq, but it has not stopped acrimonious reflection on the political process in the country. A compromise on the elections law debate is awaiting Kurdish approval. At least 11 Iraqis were wounded in attacks across central and northern Iraq.
A mortar attack on a central Hilla hotel that houses a U.S. consulate left eight wounded.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, a hand grenade lobbed at an army patrol wounded a woman instead.
In Baghdad, mourners gathered between Eid festivities at a new cemetery in Adhamiya.
Three brothers were arrested on terror charges in Suwayra.
A French firm is in Karbala to assess a security offer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013