Saturday: 11 Iraqis Wounded
The continuing Eid al-Adha holiday may be limiting reporting from Iraq, but it has not stopped acrimonious reflection on the political process in the country. A compromise on the elections law debate is awaiting Kurdish approval. At least 11 Iraqis were wounded in attacks across central and northern Iraq.
A mortar attack on a central Hilla hotel that houses a U.S. consulate left eight wounded.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, a hand grenade lobbed at an army patrol wounded a woman instead.
In Baghdad, mourners gathered between Eid festivities at a new cemetery in Adhamiya.
Three brothers were arrested on terror charges in Suwayra.
A French firm is in Karbala to assess a security offer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 54 Killed in Iraq as Forces Prepare to Storm Hit – February 13th, 2016
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016