Saturday: 11 Iraqis Wounded
The continuing Eid al-Adha holiday may be limiting reporting from Iraq, but it has not stopped acrimonious reflection on the political process in the country. A compromise on the elections law debate is awaiting Kurdish approval. At least 11 Iraqis were wounded in attacks across central and northern Iraq.
A mortar attack on a central Hilla hotel that houses a U.S. consulate left eight wounded.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, a hand grenade lobbed at an army patrol wounded a woman instead.
In Baghdad, mourners gathered between Eid festivities at a new cemetery in Adhamiya.
Three brothers were arrested on terror charges in Suwayra.
A French firm is in Karbala to assess a security offer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014