Saturday: 11 Iraqis Wounded
The continuing Eid al-Adha holiday may be limiting reporting from Iraq, but it has not stopped acrimonious reflection on the political process in the country. A compromise on the elections law debate is awaiting Kurdish approval. At least 11 Iraqis were wounded in attacks across central and northern Iraq.
A mortar attack on a central Hilla hotel that houses a U.S. consulate left eight wounded.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, a hand grenade lobbed at an army patrol wounded a woman instead.
In Baghdad, mourners gathered between Eid festivities at a new cemetery in Adhamiya.
Three brothers were arrested on terror charges in Suwayra.
A French firm is in Karbala to assess a security offer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Targets Kurdish Forces; 197 Killed Across Iraq – January 30th, 2015
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015