Updated at 8:40 p.m. EDT, June 11, 2009
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in recent attacks across central and northern Iraq. No Coalition deaths were reported. Also, fighting between Turkey troops and the PKK erupted just across the border in Turkey.
Gunmen intercepted a minibus in Balad Ruz and killed six laborers. The group may have also been Awakening Council (Sahwa) members. A similar report from Mandali could be the same incident. At three other people were killed in the area.
In Mosul, a hand grenade attack downtown wounded three people, including two policemen. A roadside bomb in the Wadi Hajar region wounded another three people. Three more civilians were injured in another bombing.
In Baghdad, three people were wounded, including an Awakening Council member, during a blast in Doura.
A Sahwa member was killed during a shooting at checkpoint in Tarmiyah.
A roadside bomb targeting an aide to Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani in Sinjar left no casualties.
One Turkish soldier and one Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) rebel were killed in a clash near the Iraqi border in Turkey. The rebels use northern Iraq as a base from which to launch attacks. Turkey in turn has bombarded northern Iraq in hopes of defeating the PKK. The PKK recently offered Turkey a ceasefire.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018