Updated at 8:40 p.m. EDT, June 11, 2009
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in recent attacks across central and northern Iraq. No Coalition deaths were reported. Also, fighting between Turkey troops and the PKK erupted just across the border in Turkey.
Gunmen intercepted a minibus in Balad Ruz and killed six laborers. The group may have also been Awakening Council (Sahwa) members. A similar report from Mandali could be the same incident. At three other people were killed in the area.
In Mosul, a hand grenade attack downtown wounded three people, including two policemen. A roadside bomb in the Wadi Hajar region wounded another three people. Three more civilians were injured in another bombing.
In Baghdad, three people were wounded, including an Awakening Council member, during a blast in Doura.
A Sahwa member was killed during a shooting at checkpoint in Tarmiyah.
A roadside bomb targeting an aide to Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani in Sinjar left no casualties.
One Turkish soldier and one Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) rebel were killed in a clash near the Iraqi border in Turkey. The rebels use northern Iraq as a base from which to launch attacks. Turkey in turn has bombarded northern Iraq in hopes of defeating the PKK. The PKK recently offered Turkey a ceasefire.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018