Updated at 7:06 p.m. EDT, Apr. 8, 2009
A significant bomb attack took place for the third day in a row in Baghdad. At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 27 others were wounded in that and other attacks. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting a U.S. patrol left no casualties. Clashes between gunmen and U.S. forces around 11:00 a.m. left no casualties either. U.S. forces killed one civilian and wounded a second one. A bomb planted on a car left one civilian dead.
Gunmen killed a man in Arbil.
Three Awakening Council members were wounded during a bombing near Garma in Halibaja.
Fallujah lifted a curfew that followed yesterday’s bombing.
Two Katyusha rockets were found armed and ready for use in Kut.
A woman and her daughter were kidnapped near Saidiya in Rabeaa.
In Amara, a hostage was freed and three kidnappers were arrested.
A member of the Naqshabandiya militant group was captured in Kirkuk.
Eight foreign detainees were returned to various countries with the help of the Red Cross.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018