Human Rights Watch is alleging that the Iraqi government is using barrel bombs in Anbar and specifically targeting the hospital in Falluja. The hospital has been hit by artillery fire so many times that H.R.W. believes the Iraqi military must be targeting the hospital. The government denies the accusation. At least 78 were killed and 83 more were wounded in attacks today.
Shelling in Falluja killed at least 12 people and wounded 20 more.
A sticky bomb killed a security member in Hit.
Sixteen militants were killed in Ramadi.
Helicopters bombed Saqlawiya.
A roadside bomb in Sadr City killed two people and wounded nine more.
In Mosul, a university professor was shot dead. Two suicide bombers killed two policemen at a police station; one civilian was also killed and three civilians were wounded. Two other suicide bombers were killed. Five gunmen were killed.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three more near Tikrit.
One Sahwa member was killed and five more were wounded in a blast in Albu Ajeel.
A sticky bomb killed a taxi driver in Tuz Khormato.
A civilian was shot dead in Basra.
In Qayara, a bomb wounded four people.
Gunmen seriously wounded a Sahwa member in Tarmiya.
Nine gunmen were killed in Farisiya.
Several militants were killed when army helicopters blew up two vehicles in Ein al-Jahash.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019