The United Nations human rights office reiterated its concerns about Tuz Khormato. Unknown parties are shelling residential areas of the city; however, the Iraqi government is investigating. The rights office also expressed its shock at the latest mass execution. The U.N. believes that, so far, at least 106 executions took place this year.
At least 15 people were killed or executed, and 12 people were wounded:
Two militiamen were killed in Samarra, but no details were given.
A bomb near an Abu Ghraib market wounded five people.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018