The United Nations human rights office reiterated its concerns about Tuz Khormato. Unknown parties are shelling residential areas of the city; however, the Iraqi government is investigating. The rights office also expressed its shock at the latest mass execution. The U.N. believes that, so far, at least 106 executions took place this year.
At least 15 people were killed or executed, and 12 people were wounded:
Two militiamen were killed in Samarra, but no details were given.
A bomb near an Abu Ghraib market wounded five people.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018