As Christians begin to celebrate mass regularly in Bakhdida (also Qaraqosh or Hamdaniya), an Assyrian Member of Parliament, Wahida Yaqo Hurmiz, warned that Christians are being displaced again in the Nineveh Plain due to militia attacks on Peshmerga positions.
At least 13 people were killed, and nine more were wounded:
Militants attacked Hawija, where they killed seven people.
A roadside bomb killed four policemen in Athba.
A booby-trapped home in Rawah killed an officer and wounded two soldiers when it exploded.
In Baghdad, a bomb in Nahrawan wounded five civilians.
Two border guards were wounded repelling an attack from the Syrian side of the border at the Walid crossing.
Security forces killed a militant near Taji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018