As Christians begin to celebrate mass regularly in Bakhdida (also Qaraqosh or Hamdaniya), an Assyrian Member of Parliament, Wahida Yaqo Hurmiz, warned that Christians are being displaced again in the Nineveh Plain due to militia attacks on Peshmerga positions.
At least 13 people were killed, and nine more were wounded:
Militants attacked Hawija, where they killed seven people.
A roadside bomb killed four policemen in Athba.
A booby-trapped home in Rawah killed an officer and wounded two soldiers when it exploded.
In Baghdad, a bomb in Nahrawan wounded five civilians.
Two border guards were wounded repelling an attack from the Syrian side of the border at the Walid crossing.
Security forces killed a militant near Taji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018