Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend announced that the United States gave the Iraqi government the locations of 81 sites in Mosul known to have unexploded bombs. The rare release of classified bomb information was done, Townsend says, as a matter of public safety.
Thousands of demonstrators participated in an independence rally in Erbil.
At least 33 people were killed and 17 more were wounded:
A bomb placed near brick kilns in Nahrawan killed one person and wounded four others.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Sadr al-Yusufiya.
Militiamen killed at least a dozen militants in Tal Safuq.
In Zuwiya, seven militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018