Anonymous sources within the Iraqi and U.S. governments have revealed that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is talking with the Trump administration about retaining U.S. troops after the Islamic State militants are defeated. There are currently about 7,000 servicemembers in Iraq; however, not all of them are officially deployed there.
The number of civilians displaced by the fighting in Mosul has now crossed 600,000, according to Jasim Muhammed al-Jaf, a Minister of Displacement and Migration in Iraq.
At least 62 were killed and 15 were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen wounded three Turkmen students who were riding in a car near Tuz Khormato.
A group of young men in Zab killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017