Turkish presidential spokesperson Ibrahim Kalin said that Turkey and Iraq are in diplomatic talks concerning the deployment of Turkish troops in northern Iraq. Baghdad has demanded that Ankara remove the illegally stationed troops. However, Turkey has refused to do so and says they will remain until Mosul is liberated. Turkey also sent reinforcements to the border with Iraq.
At least 22 people were killed and 23 were wounded:
A bomb at a home in the Hamrin Hills wounded two policemen who were there to make an arrest.
A strike on Nimrod left at least one militant dead and seven wounded.
Strikes on Bab Sinjar left two militants dead and six wounded.
Five militants were wounded in a strike on Tal Afar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017