Turkish presidential spokesperson Ibrahim Kalin said that Turkey and Iraq are in diplomatic talks concerning the deployment of Turkish troops in northern Iraq. Baghdad has demanded that Ankara remove the illegally stationed troops. However, Turkey has refused to do so and says they will remain until Mosul is liberated. Turkey also sent reinforcements to the border with Iraq.
At least 22 people were killed and 23 were wounded:
A bomb at a home in the Hamrin Hills wounded two policemen who were there to make an arrest.
A strike on Nimrod left at least one militant dead and seven wounded.
Strikes on Bab Sinjar left two militants dead and six wounded.
Five militants were wounded in a strike on Tal Afar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018