A drone that exploded after landing critically wounded two French soldiers and killed two Peshmerga fighters. The attack occurred on Oct. 2. Several more French soldiers were lightly wounded.
A large number of security personnel are protecting Shi’ite pilgrims in Karbala. Three million pilgrims are expected to participate in Ashura observances.The Kurdistan Regional Government has promised to investigate abuses in areas where both Kurds and Arabs live. There are reports that Kurds have taken over some Arab properties.
Political losses by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi suggest that former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is gaining power. It is unlikely the controversial former premier will regain the post, but he could hold the strings of the next prime minister.
At least 47 people were killed and 11 were wounded:
A roadside bomb killed a child and wounded nine others as they were fleeing Hawija.
In Baghdad, several pilgrims were hurt in two separate explosions.
Security forces killed seventeen militants in Anah.
Ten militants were killed during an operation on Khasfa.
Six cubs of Daesh were killed in an airstrike on Tal Keif.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018