Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi again called on Turkey to remove its troops from Iraqi territory. Abadi said their presence was impeding the Coalition’s fight against the Islamic State militants.
At least 79 people were killed and 32 were wounded:
Two people were killed and eight were wounded when a bomb exploded in Taji.
A bomb in Mahmoudiya killed one person and wounded eight more.
In Madaen, a bomb killed one person and wounded five more.
A bomb in Azariya killed a Peshmerga fighter.
In Dibs, security forces found a body.
Militant shot and wounded a civilian in Laylan.
Security forces killed 41 militants and wounded three others in Anbar province.
A strike on Tal Keif killed 13 militants.
Eleven militants were killed at the Bashiqa front lines.
In Baghdad, security forces killed a suicide bomber.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018