Salim al-Shabaki, who represents Shabak interests in Parliament, warned that only Peshmerga forces can liberate Shabak villages or long-lasting strife will result. The minority group is affiliated with Kurd ethnic group.
At least 112 people were killed and 25 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting escaping families near Hawija left 10 people dead and six wounded.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed seven members of one family.
Two people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb in an Adhamiya commercial district killed one person and wounded seven.
Seventy militants were killed in a failed attack near al-Houd.
An airstrike killed eight militants near Ramadi.
In Mtabijh, a strike killed six militant leaders.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran-Iraq War Remains Exchanged; Five Killed in Iraq – December 18th, 2018
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018