Salim al-Shabaki, who represents Shabak interests in Parliament, warned that only Peshmerga forces can liberate Shabak villages or long-lasting strife will result. The minority group is affiliated with Kurd ethnic group.
At least 112 people were killed and 25 were wounded:
Roadside bombs targeting escaping families near Hawija left 10 people dead and six wounded.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed seven members of one family.
Two people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb in an Adhamiya commercial district killed one person and wounded seven.
Seventy militants were killed in a failed attack near al-Houd.
An airstrike killed eight militants near Ramadi.
In Mtabijh, a strike killed six militant leaders.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017