Islamic State militants arrested 60 people in Mosul for disobeying orders. The arrestees were detained while trying to visit cemeteries and mosques on the first day of Eid al-Adha. However, the militants had earlier declared that the Eid will be observed starting Tuesday, and anyone disobeying these orders would be arrested and flogged. The rest of the Islamic world began celebrating the Eid on Monday. It is unclear why ISIS/Daesh did not.
At least 167 militants were killed and seven were wounded:
Over 100 militants were killed in airstrikes in the Albirari areas.
An accidental explosion killed 26 militants and wounded seven more in Ghazlani. Civilian casualties were also reported.
In Sinjar, strikes left 25 militants dead.
At least 16 militants were killed during a failed attack on Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018