France revealed that it is sending artillery and readying an aircraft carrier in advance of an operation to liberate Mosul.
At least 133 were killed and 20 were wounded:
Three mass graves containing 30 bodies was discovered near Tikrit. The dead are believed to be victims of the Camp Speicher massacre.
In Baghdad, the casualties from yesterday’s suicide bombing rose by 6 dead and 12 wounded to a total of 15 dead and 32 wounded.
Twenty-one militants were killed in strikes near Qayara.
An airstrike on Ghabat killed 18 militants and wounded seven more.
An airstrike left 15 militants dead in Saqra.
Shelling left 10 militants dead in Botaiban.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017