Residents of Pir Zhabi, a Sunni village near Tuz Khormato, said Shi’ite militiamen chased them out of their homes, and then looted the buildings before setting them on fire. Sheikh Sa’ir Bayati, an Arab tribal representative, further explained that militiamen have been harassing and kidnapping civilians from villages in the Tuz Khormato area.
At least 46 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A bomb killed two people and wounded eight more in Taji.
A sticky bomb on a car in Haswa wounded two security personnel.
Nine militant experts were killed in a strike on an ammo warehouse in Hadar.
An airstrike on Tal Afar killed seven militants.
Five militants were killed and six were wounded in a strike in Qayara, including a leader.
In Haditha, a strike killed four militants.
Security forces killed two militants in Khalidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018