Residents of Pir Zhabi, a Sunni village near Tuz Khormato, said Shi’ite militiamen chased them out of their homes, and then looted the buildings before setting them on fire. Sheikh Sa’ir Bayati, an Arab tribal representative, further explained that militiamen have been harassing and kidnapping civilians from villages in the Tuz Khormato area.
At least 46 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A bomb killed two people and wounded eight more in Taji.
A sticky bomb on a car in Haswa wounded two security personnel.
Nine militant experts were killed in a strike on an ammo warehouse in Hadar.
An airstrike on Tal Afar killed seven militants.
Five militants were killed and six were wounded in a strike in Qayara, including a leader.
In Haditha, a strike killed four militants.
Security forces killed two militants in Khalidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018