General Othman Ghanm was selected to be interim defense minister, filling the spot recently vacated by Khalid al-Obeidi.
Turkey conducted airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) hideouts in northern Iraq.
Qayara is requesting help to put out crude oil fires on its streets.
At least 93 were killed and 53 were wounded:
Militants executed 35 people in Hamidat.
One person was killed and 10 were wounded when a bomb exploded in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Jbela wounded a man and his son.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 20 militants dead.
Unknown gunmen killed six militants.
An airstrike on Abu Diab left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018