General Othman Ghanm was selected to be interim defense minister, filling the spot recently vacated by Khalid al-Obeidi.
Turkey conducted airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) hideouts in northern Iraq.
Qayara is requesting help to put out crude oil fires on its streets.
At least 93 were killed and 53 were wounded:
Militants executed 35 people in Hamidat.
One person was killed and 10 were wounded when a bomb exploded in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Jbela wounded a man and his son.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 20 militants dead.
Unknown gunmen killed six militants.
An airstrike on Abu Diab left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017