Wedding Blast Horror; 93 Killed in Iraq
General Othman Ghanm was selected to be interim defense minister, filling the spot recently vacated by Khalid al-Obeidi.
Turkey conducted airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) hideouts in northern Iraq.
Qayara is requesting help to put out crude oil fires on its streets.
At least 93 were killed and 53 were wounded:
Militants executed 35 people in Hamidat.
One person was killed and 10 were wounded when a bomb exploded in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Jbela wounded a man and his son.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 20 militants dead.
Unknown gunmen killed six militants.
An airstrike on Abu Diab left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Execute Their Own for Desertion; 57 Killed in Iraq – August 28th, 2016
- Executions in Hawija; 175 Killed in Iraq – August 27th, 2016
- Suicide bombers Attack Refugee Camp; 96 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2016
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016