General Othman Ghanm was selected to be interim defense minister, filling the spot recently vacated by Khalid al-Obeidi.
Turkey conducted airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) hideouts in northern Iraq.
Qayara is requesting help to put out crude oil fires on its streets.
At least 93 were killed and 53 were wounded:
Militants executed 35 people in Hamidat.
One person was killed and 10 were wounded when a bomb exploded in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Jbela wounded a man and his son.
In Mosul, airstrikes left 20 militants dead.
Unknown gunmen killed six militants.
An airstrike on Abu Diab left five militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018