A British deminer was killed and a second British national was wounded during a work-related accident in Ramadi. The contractors worked for Janus Global Operations.
Amnesty International accused Iraq of torturing prisoners into confessions that ultimately led to their executions. In court, one man said the interrogators threatened his family.
At least another 45 people were killed and 22 more wounded:
A blast near Abu Ghraib shops killed one person and wounded 10 more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded six more in Doura.
One policeman was killed and three more were wounded when a bomb blew up in Khalidiya.
Gunmen killed a man in Baquba.
In Owisja village, militants carried out a chemical attack, but the number of casualties was not reported.
Security forces killed three militants in Irsan.
Tens of militants were killed during operations in Ijhala, Jadaa, and Ramah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018