A British deminer was killed and a second British national was wounded during a work-related accident in Ramadi. The contractors worked for Janus Global Operations.
Amnesty International accused Iraq of torturing prisoners into confessions that ultimately led to their executions. In court, one man said the interrogators threatened his family.
At least another 45 people were killed and 22 more wounded:
A blast near Abu Ghraib shops killed one person and wounded 10 more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded six more in Doura.
One policeman was killed and three more were wounded when a bomb blew up in Khalidiya.
Gunmen killed a man in Baquba.
In Owisja village, militants carried out a chemical attack, but the number of casualties was not reported.
Security forces killed three militants in Irsan.
Tens of militants were killed during operations in Ijhala, Jadaa, and Ramah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018