Defense Minister Khaled al-Obeidi said many Islamic State militants are trying to sneak out of Mosul with their families.
Parliament passed a bill officially banning the Ba’ath Party.
At least 83 people were killed and 21 were wounded:
Two people were killed and eight were wounded when a bomb exploded in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen in Qara Tapa wounded two civilians.
At least 50 militants were killed in clashes in Jazirat al-Khalidiya as part of a major operation launched to liberate areas in and around Khalidiya. Many Daesh militants fled in this direction after the liberation of nearby Fallujah.
Strikes on Albu Bali, near Khalidiya, left 20 militants dead
In Mosul, a strike left 10 militants dead.
A militant explosives expert was killed in a strike on Hawija.
Among the fatalities in Friday’s previously announced airstrike on Qaim was Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadis brother-in law. The strike killed a total of 13 militants. That figure remains the same. What was not already reported is that the strike also wounded 11 militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018