Security forces intend to dig a trench around the city of Fallujah in order to monitor entry into the city. New identity cards will be issued as well. It is unclear when residents will be able to return to the destroyed city. Officials have been discussing that matter.
At least 78 people were killed and 57 were wounded:
A bomb in Baghdad killed one militiaman and wounded four more. Another bomb killed one person and wounded six in Doura. A bomb in Jisr Diyala killed two people and wounded seven more. Two people were killed and nine were wounded in Haramat.
Near Osaji a bomb killed a girl who was trying to escape to Peshmerga territory with her father.
In Kirkuk, a man was killed and tortured, perhaps over his political tattoos.
Three Peshmerga were wounded in a chemical attack on their position in Tal Afar.
Five militants were killed and nine were wounded in an attack in the Valley of Oil.
Security forces killed a militant official and wounded several more in Abu Saida.
In Hud, security forces killed three militants and wounded two more.
Dozens of militants were killed near Qayara.
Dozens more were killed in Alas.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017