Several Shi’ite leaders decried the deployment of additional United States troops to Iraq. Cleric Muqtada al-Sadr went as far as to declare the soldiers “targets” for Iraqis should troops participate in the Mosul operation. Others called the soldiers “occupiers” or merely “unnecessary”.
At least 133 people were killed, and nine were wounded:
At the Alas oil fields, seven security members and seven militants were killed in clashes.
Fighting in Doulab left 73 militants dead.
Security forces killed 10 militants in Halawat and Hawija.
Five militants were killed in Rawa, including a mufti.
Shelling left five fighters dead in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018