Several Shi’ite leaders decried the deployment of additional United States troops to Iraq. Cleric Muqtada al-Sadr went as far as to declare the soldiers “targets” for Iraqis should troops participate in the Mosul operation. Others called the soldiers “occupiers” or merely “unnecessary”.
At least 133 people were killed, and nine were wounded:
At the Alas oil fields, seven security members and seven militants were killed in clashes.
Fighting in Doulab left 73 militants dead.
Security forces killed 10 militants in Halawat and Hawija.
Five militants were killed in Rawa, including a mufti.
Shelling left five fighters dead in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018