A military parade marking the July 14th anniversary of the founding of the Iraqi republic in 1958 was held in Baghdad without incident.
At least 83 people were killed, and 14 were wounded:
Three security members were killed and four were wounded in Taji, when they stopped a car carrying four militants. They militants blew up their car, killing all four.
A roadside bomb near Tuz Khormato killed two militiamen and wounded two more. One of the fatalities was Shakir Amerli, who was a militia leader.
Two civilians were shot dead in Baquba.
An I.E.D. wounded three militiamen, including a commander, in Garma.
Airstrikes killed 29 militants in Doulab, Haditha Dam, and Hit.
Eighteen militants were killed during operations near Qayara.
Artillery fire left 10 militants dead in Hit.
In Ijhala, a strike left eight militants dead.
An airstrike on a car in Mrear, near Shirqat, left three militants dead, including the head of Daesh for Shirqat.
At least two militants were shot dead in Dour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018