Iraqi troops advancing from the south met troops arriving from the east, after forces were able to capture the village of Ijhala, just east of the Qayara air base.
Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter offered Iraqi officials new bomb detectors and the assistance of such personnel as Army Lt. Gen. Michael H. Shields, director of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency (JIDA).
Yazidis constitute over 80 percent of the internally displaced people residing in Dohuk province’s refugee camps.
At least 25 people were killed, and 56 were wounded:
Three people were killed and 10 were wounded at a Mahmoudiya marketplace when a bomb exploded.
In Mosul, four doctors were executed for refusing to treat Daesh militants.
An airstrike on Albu Ali Jassim left four militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018