Iraqi troops advancing from the south met troops arriving from the east, after forces were able to capture the village of Ijhala, just east of the Qayara air base.
Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter offered Iraqi officials new bomb detectors and the assistance of such personnel as Army Lt. Gen. Michael H. Shields, director of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency (JIDA).
Yazidis constitute over 80 percent of the internally displaced people residing in Dohuk province’s refugee camps.
At least 25 people were killed, and 56 were wounded:
Three people were killed and 10 were wounded at a Mahmoudiya marketplace when a bomb exploded.
In Mosul, four doctors were executed for refusing to treat Daesh militants.
An airstrike on Albu Ali Jassim left four militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018