Iraqi troops advancing from the south met troops arriving from the east, after forces were able to capture the village of Ijhala, just east of the Qayara air base.
Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter offered Iraqi officials new bomb detectors and the assistance of such personnel as Army Lt. Gen. Michael H. Shields, director of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency (JIDA).
Yazidis constitute over 80 percent of the internally displaced people residing in Dohuk province’s refugee camps.
At least 25 people were killed, and 56 were wounded:
Three people were killed and 10 were wounded at a Mahmoudiya marketplace when a bomb exploded.
In Mosul, four doctors were executed for refusing to treat Daesh militants.
An airstrike on Albu Ali Jassim left four militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017