Human Rights Watch and the United Nations are warning the Iraqi government that it must conduct a transparent investigation of rights abuses during the operation to liberate Fallujah. They also want the United States to acknowledge the abuses. The organizations fear a cursory investigation could negatively impact the fight for Mosul.
The number of casualties in yesterday’s bombing at a shrine in Baiji was raised to 50 dead and 94 wounded.
On Friday, security forces killed 40 militants in Sharqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017