Human Rights Watch and the United Nations are warning the Iraqi government that it must conduct a transparent investigation of rights abuses during the operation to liberate Fallujah. They also want the United States to acknowledge the abuses. The organizations fear a cursory investigation could negatively impact the fight for Mosul.
The number of casualties in yesterday’s bombing at a shrine in Baiji was raised to 50 dead and 94 wounded.
On Friday, security forces killed 40 militants in Sharqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018