Human Rights Watch and the United Nations are warning the Iraqi government that it must conduct a transparent investigation of rights abuses during the operation to liberate Fallujah. They also want the United States to acknowledge the abuses. The organizations fear a cursory investigation could negatively impact the fight for Mosul.
The number of casualties in yesterday’s bombing at a shrine in Baiji was raised to 50 dead and 94 wounded.
On Friday, security forces killed 40 militants in Sharqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018