Human Rights Watch and the United Nations are warning the Iraqi government that it must conduct a transparent investigation of rights abuses during the operation to liberate Fallujah. They also want the United States to acknowledge the abuses. The organizations fear a cursory investigation could negatively impact the fight for Mosul.
The number of casualties in yesterday’s bombing at a shrine in Baiji was raised to 50 dead and 94 wounded.
On Friday, security forces killed 40 militants in Sharqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018