Updated at 6:28 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2016
The number of casualties in the Karrada bombing and fire in Baghdad was raised again to 292 dead and 200 wounded.
At least 61 were killed and 96 were wounded despite Eid al-Fitr observances:
A mortar and triple suicide attack on the Sayyid Muhammad bin Ali al-Hadi shrine in Balad left 50 people dead. At least 94 were wounded. About 20 militants then overtook the shrine before security forces forced them out. Seven militants died in the fighting.
Gunmen attacked a care between Muqdadiya and Khanaqin left one nurse dead and two family members wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018