Updated at 6:28 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2016
The number of casualties in the Karrada bombing and fire in Baghdad was raised again to 292 dead and 200 wounded.
At least 61 were killed and 96 were wounded despite Eid al-Fitr observances:
A mortar and triple suicide attack on the Sayyid Muhammad bin Ali al-Hadi shrine in Balad left 50 people dead. At least 94 were wounded. About 20 militants then overtook the shrine before security forces forced them out. Seven militants died in the fighting.
Gunmen attacked a care between Muqdadiya and Khanaqin left one nurse dead and two family members wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017