Updated at 6:28 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2016
The number of casualties in the Karrada bombing and fire in Baghdad was raised again to 292 dead and 200 wounded.
At least 61 were killed and 96 were wounded despite Eid al-Fitr observances:
A mortar and triple suicide attack on the Sayyid Muhammad bin Ali al-Hadi shrine in Balad left 50 people dead. At least 94 were wounded. About 20 militants then overtook the shrine before security forces forced them out. Seven militants died in the fighting.
Gunmen attacked a care between Muqdadiya and Khanaqin left one nurse dead and two family members wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018