Updated at 6:28 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2016
The number of casualties in the Karrada bombing and fire in Baghdad was raised again to 292 dead and 200 wounded.
At least 61 were killed and 96 were wounded despite Eid al-Fitr observances:
A mortar and triple suicide attack on the Sayyid Muhammad bin Ali al-Hadi shrine in Balad left 50 people dead. At least 94 were wounded. About 20 militants then overtook the shrine before security forces forced them out. Seven militants died in the fighting.
Gunmen attacked a care between Muqdadiya and Khanaqin left one nurse dead and two family members wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018