The United States has given Iraq a $2.7 billion dollar credit for the purchase of military equipment and maintenance. Iraq has eight and a half years to pay it back.
Troops marching towards Qayara from the south have advanced as far as Telol al-Baj.
At least 298 were killed and 27 more were wounded:
Three people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Abu Ghraib.
Mortars fired on Telol al-Baj killed two civilians and wounded eight more.
U.S. airstrikes south of Fallujah left 250 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in Qayara.
In Doulab, shelling killed nine militants in boats.
Security forces killed a militant in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018