The United States has given Iraq a $2.7 billion dollar credit for the purchase of military equipment and maintenance. Iraq has eight and a half years to pay it back.
Troops marching towards Qayara from the south have advanced as far as Telol al-Baj.
At least 298 were killed and 27 more were wounded:
Three people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Abu Ghraib.
Mortars fired on Telol al-Baj killed two civilians and wounded eight more.
U.S. airstrikes south of Fallujah left 250 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in Qayara.
In Doulab, shelling killed nine militants in boats.
Security forces killed a militant in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018