The United States has given Iraq a $2.7 billion dollar credit for the purchase of military equipment and maintenance. Iraq has eight and a half years to pay it back.
Troops marching towards Qayara from the south have advanced as far as Telol al-Baj.
At least 298 were killed and 27 more were wounded:
Three people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Abu Ghraib.
Mortars fired on Telol al-Baj killed two civilians and wounded eight more.
U.S. airstrikes south of Fallujah left 250 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in Qayara.
In Doulab, shelling killed nine militants in boats.
Security forces killed a militant in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018