Nasr Muflahi, Iraq head of the Norwegian Refugee Council, is calling on the international community to send more help for Fallujah’s displaced population. Tens of thousands of civilians who have fled in recent days have overwhelmed aid workers who do not have enough supplies for them all. According to the United Nations, millions more Iraqis are expected to be dislocated by fighting this year.
U.S. and Coalition officials are considering sending more U.S. troops to Iraq.
At least 69 were killed and 10 more were wounded:
Gunmen stormed a home in Dour where they killed a sheikh and his son and also wounded a relative.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two people and wounded five more.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed a militiaman and wounded four more.
A policeman was shot dead in A’ur.
Airstrikes on Zankura left 48 militants dead.
Five militants were killed in Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
A strike on Albu Wawi killed five militants.
In Nasr, three militant officials were killed.
Security forces killed two militants who were rigging a bomb in Fallujah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018