Iraqi officials visited a displacement camp in Amiriyat al-Fallujah, where they were bombarded with complaints from refugees who say their male loved ones have been missing since escaping Islamic State territory. Shi’ite militias admit they are interrogating male refugees, looking for signs they may be militants instead of civilians. Some of the cleared men say they were tortured and saw other men killed. About 43,000 people have been displaced from Fallujah and surrounding areas. The flow of refugees from Fallujah slowed on Tuesday.
In Tuz Khormato, Ahmed Sheikh Langari, a Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) member said that Shi’ite militiamen are failing to follow a truce agreement.
The town of Nasr changed hands again today. The Iraqi Army reclaimed it about two months after capturing it the first time, then retreating.
At least 203 were killed and 19 more were wounded:
At least 40 militants were killed during fighting in Albu Risha, Jeraishi, and Tway.
Iraqi and Peshmerga forces killed 37 militants in Faraj and Kherbat-Shamam.
In Sharqat, an airstrike on a ferry killed 30 militants.
Twenty militants were killed in Falahat and Subaihat.
Security forces killed 19 militants in Doulab.
Six militants were killed in Albu Diyab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019