Militants blew up the 3,000-year-old Temple of Nabu at the ruins of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrod. Satellite imagery confirmed extensive damage.
At least 111 were killed and 101 more were wounded:
Seven civilians and five security members were killed, when a suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Taji. Another 32 people were wounded.
In Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
Security forces in Baiji killed 21 militants.
Air strikes left 20 militants dead in Qayara.
Seventeen militants were killed in strikes around Nasr.
In Fallujah, at least a dozen militants were killed.
A strike on Baaj left seven militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018