Militants blew up the 3,000-year-old Temple of Nabu at the ruins of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrod. Satellite imagery confirmed extensive damage.
At least 111 were killed and 101 more were wounded:
Seven civilians and five security members were killed, when a suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Taji. Another 32 people were wounded.
In Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
Security forces in Baiji killed 21 militants.
Air strikes left 20 militants dead in Qayara.
Seventeen militants were killed in strikes around Nasr.
In Fallujah, at least a dozen militants were killed.
A strike on Baaj left seven militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018