Militants blew up the 3,000-year-old Temple of Nabu at the ruins of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrod. Satellite imagery confirmed extensive damage.
At least 111 were killed and 101 more were wounded:
Seven civilians and five security members were killed, when a suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Taji. Another 32 people were wounded.
In Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
Security forces in Baiji killed 21 militants.
Air strikes left 20 militants dead in Qayara.
Seventeen militants were killed in strikes around Nasr.
In Fallujah, at least a dozen militants were killed.
A strike on Baaj left seven militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018