U.S. Vice President Joe Biden traveled to Iraq on an unannounced visit to meet with Iraqi and Kurdish officials. The trip is thought to show public support for the Iraq’s war on the Islamic State militants. Biden also made a side trip to Erbil to meet with Kurdish leaders there. He was last in Iraq in November 2011.
At least 113 were killed and 29 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting a bus traveling in the Hurriya district killed the driver and wounded five passengers. Two militiamen were killed and three were wounded by a blast in Hor Rajab. A blast in Radwaniya killed two people and wounded five more.
Separate mortar attacks left one dead and five wounded in Baquba.
Shelling wounded six civilians at Haditha hospital.
Mortar fire seriously wounded a child in Tal Afar.
Four civilians were wounded during shelling on Burwana.
Security forces killed 21 militants in Doulab.
A strike on Abu Maria killed 20 militants.
At least 18 militants were killed in Bartala during airstrikes.
Fifteen militants were killed in an airstrike on Falluja.
Security forces killed seven militants in Garma.
Six militants were killed in Rutba.
Five militants were killed in a strike on Hawija.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed four militants.
Two militant leaders were killed in a strike on Khalidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018