Efforts to out Speaker Salim al-Jabouri have failed again. Lawmakers who want his ousted lack enough support in Parliament. He then suspended Parliament indefinitely. Followers of Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr are currently staging a sit-in protests to encourage lawmakers to reform the government.
A Danish academic claims that Sierra Leone helped a British security firm recruit former child soldiers who then went deployed to Iraq. Most of the recruits are now back home. Maya Mynster Christensen says this program ran counter to Sierra Leone’s state demobilization policy that was put into effect after their civil war.
Turkish warplanes targeted suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) locations in northern Iraq.
Denmark says it will expand its operations in Iraq and begin them in Syria.
Sixty families escaped Islamic State territory and arrived in Makhmour.
At least 199 were killed and 17 were wounded:
A roadside bomb in Iskandariya wounded two people.
An airstrike on Rashidiya left 81 militants dead.
Turkish troops killed 32 militants in Ba’Shiqah after the militants attacked a tank.
Fifteen militants were killed in an airstrike on Shwayn Valley.
Strikes on Zerga left eight militants dead.
In Kubeisa, three suicide bombers were killed.
Five militants were killed in Albu Ali Jassim.
Two militants were killed in Albu Diab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018