Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in at least two locations in Baghdad, calling on the Iraqi government to select a new Cabinet.
The Iraqi Army has threatened to return to Kirkuk, but Peshmerga forces, who have been in charge of the city since the army abandoned it almost two years ago, say they will not accept the troops returning. Separately, Sunni tribal leaders said the Sunnis will fight alongside the Peshmerga forces against the Islamic State militants, which are stationed nearby. Meanwhile, Shi’ite militia reinforcements have arrived in the southern part of the province.
At least 102 were killed and 16 were wounded:
In Mosul, militants executed a photojournalist and his brother.
A sniper killed a militiaman in al-A’li.
Shelling wounded four civilians in Abu Garma.
Thirty militants were killed during a strike on Haj Ali.
Security forces killed 22 militants at the Ajil oil fields.
An airstrike on Tal Keif killed 17 militants, including a financial official.
In Bashir, an airstrike killed 12 militants.
Six militants were killed during a failed attack on Jeraishi.
In Zuwiya, strikes killed five militants and wounded 12 more.
Security forces shelled Juba, killing four militants.
A suicide bomber was killed in Khasfa.
An airstrike on a pharmaceutical laboratory in Nineveh province killed a biological weapons expert.
An airstrike on Hamdaniya left a number of militants dead, including a wali.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018