Turkish warplanes ostensibly bombing suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Dohuk province instead scared the local population while destroying orchards and forests.
A large number of fighters have been deployed in preparation to liberate Rutba.
Violence left at least 17 dead:
In Baghdad, a civilian was gunned down.
Fifteen militants were killed during operations on Albu Bali and Albu Obeidi.
A militant police chief was killed in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018