Turkish warplanes ostensibly bombing suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Dohuk province instead scared the local population while destroying orchards and forests.
A large number of fighters have been deployed in preparation to liberate Rutba.
Violence left at least 17 dead:
In Baghdad, a civilian was gunned down.
Fifteen militants were killed during operations on Albu Bali and Albu Obeidi.
A militant police chief was killed in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017