U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made an unannounced trip to Baghdad on Friday, where he met with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jafari. Kerry said that Iraq has made no request for extra U.S. troops, but he did promise an extra $155 million in aid. A Kurdish delegation also met with Kerry.
Turkish jets bombed suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in the Qandil Mountains.
At least 98 people were killed and 27 were wounded:
A bomb near a Wajihiya mosque killed four people, including the imam.
Security forces near Baiji killed 18 militants.
In Baghdad, security forces killed 17 militants and wounded 17 more.
Strikes left 17 militants dead in Qayara.
Twelve militants were killed and five were wounded during operations in Garma, Albu Shejil, and Nazim al-Taqsim.
Peshmerga forces killed 13 militants in the Makhmour district.
Strikes on Hit killed seven militants.
In Bashir, security forces killed seven militants.
Security forces killed three militants and wounded five more in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018