A member of the Qatari royal family and his Pakistani companion were released after almost four months in captivity. The pair, along with 26 others, was kidnapped in December while on a hunting trip in southern Iraq.
Due to an inability to take control of Nasr, operations there have ceased until reinforcements arrive. The main target of the operation is nearby Qayara.
Iraqi soldiers are, once again, accused of extra-judicial executions.
At least 194 people were killed and 17 were wounded:
Militants burned 15 people to death for trying to escape Falluja.
In Baghdad, a blast killed one person and wounded six more. One person was killed and seven were wounded in another bombing. Three people were wounded in a bombing in Amin. An explosives belt blew up prematurely, killing the bomber and wounding his companion.
Seventy militants were killed in the Nasr area.
Nineteen militants were killed during strikes on Baghdadi.
Operations left 10 militants dead, including an official, in Falluja.
An airstrike on Qaim killed 15 militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017