Sectarian squabbles were cited among the reasons that the Nasr offensive has been postponed.
In an effort to secure support, a Christian officer was made commander of the Shi’ite Hashd al-Shaabi militia in Nineveh province.
Turkish jets bombed suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in the Qandil Mountains.
The Iranian and U.S. governments are putting pressure on allies to ensure that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi remains in office during his government reform campaign.
At least 200 people were killed and 20 were wounded:
A bomb at a Mahmoudiya market left two dead and seven wounded.
A failed attack left 100 militants dead near Garma.
Security forces killed 40 militants in Baghdadi.
In Saniya, 25 militants were killed.
Sixteen militants were killed in Hit.
In the Makhoul Mountains, 12 militants were killed.
A suicide bomber was killed near Bashir.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018