Having successfully steered Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi into submitting names for a new cabinet, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr ended his sit-in. Lawmakers now have 10 days to approve the nominees. He also told his followers to abandon their sit-in as well, but to continue their weekly protests throughout Iraq.
The U.S. military has as many as 21 generals in Iraq, even though there are only about 5,000 troops.
At least 131 were killed and 21 were wounded:
A bomb in Tarmiya killed three people and wounded seven more.
Gunmen wounded a civilian in Husseiniya.
In Hit or Sharqat, strikes left 60 militants dead.
Battles at a hospital in Hit left 22 militants dead.
A strike killed 20 militants in Mosul.
Two militants were killed and four were wounded in the Garma region.
In Baghdad, security forces killed four militants and wounded eight more.
Several militants were killed, including a commander, near Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018