Having successfully steered Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi into submitting names for a new cabinet, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr ended his sit-in. Lawmakers now have 10 days to approve the nominees. He also told his followers to abandon their sit-in as well, but to continue their weekly protests throughout Iraq.
The U.S. military has as many as 21 generals in Iraq, even though there are only about 5,000 troops.
At least 131 were killed and 21 were wounded:
A bomb in Tarmiya killed three people and wounded seven more.
Gunmen wounded a civilian in Husseiniya.
In Hit or Sharqat, strikes left 60 militants dead.
Battles at a hospital in Hit left 22 militants dead.
A strike killed 20 militants in Mosul.
Two militants were killed and four were wounded in the Garma region.
In Baghdad, security forces killed four militants and wounded eight more.
Several militants were killed, including a commander, near Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019