48 Killed in Iraq, Including Chemical Bomb Victims
Iraqi forces are launching an operation that will clear Islamic State forces from areas between Kirkuk, Baiji, and Shirqat. The operation is a necessary preparation to attacking Mosul.
Militants kidnapped 25 Turkmen children to use as suicide bombers in upcoming battles.
At least 48 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Five Peshmerga were executed in Tal Keif after capture.
In Abu Ghraib, two people were killed and seven were wounded during a bombing.
One person was killed and five were wounded in a bombing in Baghdad.
A bombing in Latifiya killed one person and wounded two more.
Two more people have died from the effects of chemical attacks on Taza in recent days. Several victims are in critical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017