48 Killed in Iraq, Including Chemical Bomb Victims
Iraqi forces are launching an operation that will clear Islamic State forces from areas between Kirkuk, Baiji, and Shirqat. The operation is a necessary preparation to attacking Mosul.
Militants kidnapped 25 Turkmen children to use as suicide bombers in upcoming battles.
At least 48 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Five Peshmerga were executed in Tal Keif after capture.
In Abu Ghraib, two people were killed and seven were wounded during a bombing.
One person was killed and five were wounded in a bombing in Baghdad.
A bombing in Latifiya killed one person and wounded two more.
Two more people have died from the effects of chemical attacks on Taza in recent days. Several victims are in critical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Military Denies Bombing Fallujah Hospital; 18 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2016
- 95 Killed in Iraq; Fighting Continues in Fallujah – May 26th, 2016
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016