48 Killed in Iraq, Including Chemical Bomb Victims
Iraqi forces are launching an operation that will clear Islamic State forces from areas between Kirkuk, Baiji, and Shirqat. The operation is a necessary preparation to attacking Mosul.
Militants kidnapped 25 Turkmen children to use as suicide bombers in upcoming battles.
At least 48 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Five Peshmerga were executed in Tal Keif after capture.
In Abu Ghraib, two people were killed and seven were wounded during a bombing.
One person was killed and five were wounded in a bombing in Baghdad.
A bombing in Latifiya killed one person and wounded two more.
Two more people have died from the effects of chemical attacks on Taza in recent days. Several victims are in critical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016
- 5,719 Killed in Iraq during November – November 30th, 2016
- Army Opens New Front near Hawija; 138 Killed in Iraq – November 29th, 2016
- ISIS Attacks Police in Samarra; 49 Killed in Iraq – November 28th, 2016