Iraqi forces are launching an operation that will clear Islamic State forces from areas between Kirkuk, Baiji, and Shirqat. The operation is a necessary preparation to attacking Mosul.
Militants kidnapped 25 Turkmen children to use as suicide bombers in upcoming battles.
At least 48 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Five Peshmerga were executed in Tal Keif after capture.
In Abu Ghraib, two people were killed and seven were wounded during a bombing.
One person was killed and five were wounded in a bombing in Baghdad.
A bombing in Latifiya killed one person and wounded two more.
Two more people have died from the effects of chemical attacks on Taza in recent days. Several victims are in critical condition.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017