Islamic State militants are reported to be leaving the cities of Hit, Kubeisa, and Rutba. Witnesses way the militants are trying to hide among refugees leaving the towns and traveling towards Syria.
At least 99 were killed and 73 were wounded:
A mortar attack on Sinjar left seven Yazidis dead and 11 wounded. Eight Peshmerga were killed and 22 others were wounded including Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) guerillas. The P.K.K. killed 21 militants near Sinjar in revenge attacks.
A bomb killed a civilian and wounded eight more in Baghdad.
Fighting took place at the Ajil and Alas oil fields, as well as in Fatha. Two security personnel were killed and five were wounded. Seven militants were killed and 13 were wounded.
Security forces shelled Kasbah Bashir and killed 27 militants. The site is near Taza, which suffered chemical attacks over the last few days.
Peshmerga forces killed 12 militants in Ba’Shiqah.
Eight militants were killed in a strike on Jazira.
Strikes on Falahat left six militants dead and 14 wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018