The U.N. World Food Program warned that there are serious shortages of food in Falluja.
Residents in towns controlled by Islamic State militants say that tensions between Daesh and locals are running high. In some cases rebellions have been put down.
At least 224 were killed and 18 were wounded:
Fifty people were executed in Falluja. The victims were from the Mohamda tribe. Clashes broke out afterwards between Daesh and tribal fighters.
Six people were killed and one was wounded during an attack by Daesh on Okhaider.
A roadside bomb killed five young men near Hawija.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded seven more.
A bomb in Mashada killed two soldiers and wounded four more.
A roadside bomb wounded a police colonel and his driver in Kanaan.
A militiaman was shot dead in Muqdadiya.
In Hamediya, airstrikes left 67 militants dead.
Thirty militants were killed in strikes on Albu Obeid.
Security forces killed 14 militants in Zankura.
Ten militants were killed in an airstrike in Zuwiya.
Security forces at Hamrin Lake killed eight militants and wounded two more.
Peshmerga killed seven militants and wounded two more in Ba’Shiqah.
In Bashir, security forces killed a militant bomb expert, among others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017
- 92 Killed in Iraq, Including French and Kurdish Journalists – June 19th, 2017
- Troops Launch Operation in Final Mosul District; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2017
- Border Crossing Secured; 162 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2017