Attacks Bookend Baghdad; 202 Killed, 149 Wounded in Iraq
At least 202 were killed and 149 were wounded as the Islamic State militants staged attacks on opposite sides of Baghdad:
A dawn triple suicide attack on a base in Heitaween, near Abu Ghraib, left at least 17 security personnel and 20 militants dead. At least 30 security members were wounded. A blast unrelated to the fighting wounded five civilians including children.
In Mahmudiya, a bomb killed two people and wounded eight more.
Militants killed two security personnel and wounded six more at a checkpoint in Zaiden.
A Turkmen was executed in Tal Afar. He was affiliated with the Iraqi Turkmen Front.
Militants executed 35 of their own at Ghazlani Camp.
Security forces killed 14 militants at Sakrab and Silo Khan Dari.
Security forces in the Hamrin Mountains killed 13 militants.
In Hit, airstrikes left 11 militants dead.
Nine militants were killed during an attack on Hamdaniya.
In Albu Duaij, security forces killed a militant leader.
Two militants were killed in Ba’Shiqah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Airstrikes in Mosul; 80 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2017
- Another Chemical Attack in Mosul; 28 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2017
- Troops Advancing in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2017