56 Killed in Iraq as Falluja Assault Draws Closer
The United Nations issued a new report attempting to quantify the bloodshed in Iraq. Officials believe that between Jan. 1, 2014, and Oct. 31, 2015 at least 18,802 civilians were killed and 36,245 were wounded. These and other figures in the report could be significantly higher.
At least 56 were killed and 50 were wounded:
Security forces liberated the Albu Daeig area near Falluja, killing 19 militants in the process.
Clashes left seven militants dead in the Makhoul Mountains.
In Salah ad Din province, airstrikes killed three militants.
A man in Kubeisa reportedly killed his son and several companions after the son joined Daesh and asked his father to divorce his mother.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Khalidiya; 189 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2016
- 46 Killed in Iraq, Including British Demining Contractor – August 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad, ISIS Carry out Executions; 238 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2016
- 60 Killed in Iraq, Including Executed Civilians – August 20th, 2016