56 Killed in Iraq as Falluja Assault Draws Closer
The United Nations issued a new report attempting to quantify the bloodshed in Iraq. Officials believe that between Jan. 1, 2014, and Oct. 31, 2015 at least 18,802 civilians were killed and 36,245 were wounded. These and other figures in the report could be significantly higher.
At least 56 were killed and 50 were wounded:
Security forces liberated the Albu Daeig area near Falluja, killing 19 militants in the process.
Clashes left seven militants dead in the Makhoul Mountains.
In Salah ad Din province, airstrikes killed three militants.
A man in Kubeisa reportedly killed his son and several companions after the son joined Daesh and asked his father to divorce his mother.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016