The Iraqi government is searching for radioactive material stolen from an oil services company in Basra last November.
Turkish warplanes conducted airstrikes on northern Iraq.
At least 79 were killed and eight were wounded:
Militants executed 10 security personnel in Bartala.
Four men were executed for helping civilians escape Hawija.
Fighters from the Albu Nimr tribe killed 15 militants in Amiriya.
Security forces killed 13 militants in Kabeshat.
Ten militants were killed in the Makhoul Mountains.
Near Falluja, seven militants were killed.
An unknown assailant killed a Daesh official in Hit.
Dozens of militants were killed in attacks against Peshmerga forces in Makhmour and Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018