The Iraqi government is searching for radioactive material stolen from an oil services company in Basra last November.
Turkish warplanes conducted airstrikes on northern Iraq.
At least 79 were killed and eight were wounded:
Militants executed 10 security personnel in Bartala.
Four men were executed for helping civilians escape Hawija.
Fighters from the Albu Nimr tribe killed 15 militants in Amiriya.
Security forces killed 13 militants in Kabeshat.
Ten militants were killed in the Makhoul Mountains.
Near Falluja, seven militants were killed.
An unknown assailant killed a Daesh official in Hit.
Dozens of militants were killed in attacks against Peshmerga forces in Makhmour and Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017
- Shots Fired Between Kurdish Peshmerga and Shi’ite Militia; 50 Killed in Iraq – October 14th, 2017
- Kurds Withdraw from Turkmen Towns; 14 Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2017