The Iraqi government is searching for radioactive material stolen from an oil services company in Basra last November.
Turkish warplanes conducted airstrikes on northern Iraq.
At least 79 were killed and eight were wounded:
Militants executed 10 security personnel in Bartala.
Four men were executed for helping civilians escape Hawija.
Fighters from the Albu Nimr tribe killed 15 militants in Amiriya.
Security forces killed 13 militants in Kabeshat.
Ten militants were killed in the Makhoul Mountains.
Near Falluja, seven militants were killed.
An unknown assailant killed a Daesh official in Hit.
Dozens of militants were killed in attacks against Peshmerga forces in Makhmour and Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017