About six hours after a 13-year-old girl’s challenge to the governor of Babil, Sadiq Madlool Al-Sultan, was aired, her home in Hilla was burned down.
At least 79 people were killed and one civilian was wounded.
A bomb in Baghdad wounded a civilian.
An airstrike left 19 militants dead in Hamdaniya.
Sixteen militants were killed, including a commander, in airstrikes on Kartan.
In Haditha, 15 militants were killed, including their commander, in an airstrike.
In Albu Diab, eight militants were killed in separate operations.
A security operation in Juba left three militants dead.
In Salah ad Din, an airstrike killed a military advisor.
An airstrike on a sharia court in Hit left several militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017
- 92 Killed in Iraq, Including French and Kurdish Journalists – June 19th, 2017
- Troops Launch Operation in Final Mosul District; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2017
- Border Crossing Secured; 162 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2017