More Executions in Mosul; 79 Killed in Iraq
About six hours after a 13-year-old girl’s challenge to the governor of Babil, Sadiq Madlool Al-Sultan, was aired, her home in Hilla was burned down.
At least 79 people were killed and one civilian was wounded.
A bomb in Baghdad wounded a civilian.
An airstrike left 19 militants dead in Hamdaniya.
Sixteen militants were killed, including a commander, in airstrikes on Kartan.
In Haditha, 15 militants were killed, including their commander, in an airstrike.
In Albu Diab, eight militants were killed in separate operations.
A security operation in Juba left three militants dead.
In Salah ad Din, an airstrike killed a military advisor.
An airstrike on a sharia court in Hit left several militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 95 Killed in Iraq; Fighting Continues in Fallujah – May 26th, 2016
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016