Kurdish Peshmerga forces now have an all female, Yazidi brigade, “the Sun Ladies,” composed of former Islamic State sex slaves.
Turkish warplanes bombed northern Iraq for about an hour.
At least 96 were killed and 31 were wounded:
In Wafaa, security forces killed three suicide bombers. A few minutes later, more militants arrived to do battle. Two security members and 14 militants were killed. Five security member were wounded. The town is just west of Ramadi.
A bomb in Taji killed three people and wounded nine more.
Gunmen in Tuz Khormato wounded a security member.
A car bomb wounded seven people, including four police officers, in Kirkuk.
At a bomb factory in Anba village, 28 militants were killed during an accidental explosion.
Three militants were killed and six were wounded during a strike in Bashir.
An airstrike in Riyadh killed militant commander.
In Juba, three militants were killed.
Two militants were killed in Sukariyat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017