96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi
Kurdish Peshmerga forces now have an all female, Yazidi brigade, “the Sun Ladies,” composed of former Islamic State sex slaves.
Turkish warplanes bombed northern Iraq for about an hour.
At least 96 were killed and 31 were wounded:
In Wafaa, security forces killed three suicide bombers. A few minutes later, more militants arrived to do battle. Two security members and 14 militants were killed. Five security member were wounded. The town is just west of Ramadi.
A bomb in Taji killed three people and wounded nine more.
Gunmen in Tuz Khormato wounded a security member.
A car bomb wounded seven people, including four police officers, in Kirkuk.
At a bomb factory in Anba village, 28 militants were killed during an accidental explosion.
Three militants were killed and six were wounded during a strike in Bashir.
An airstrike in Riyadh killed militant commander.
In Juba, three militants were killed.
Two militants were killed in Sukariyat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 155 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017