96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi
Kurdish Peshmerga forces now have an all female, Yazidi brigade, “the Sun Ladies,” composed of former Islamic State sex slaves.
Turkish warplanes bombed northern Iraq for about an hour.
At least 96 were killed and 31 were wounded:
In Wafaa, security forces killed three suicide bombers. A few minutes later, more militants arrived to do battle. Two security members and 14 militants were killed. Five security member were wounded. The town is just west of Ramadi.
A bomb in Taji killed three people and wounded nine more.
Gunmen in Tuz Khormato wounded a security member.
A car bomb wounded seven people, including four police officers, in Kirkuk.
At a bomb factory in Anba village, 28 militants were killed during an accidental explosion.
Three militants were killed and six were wounded during a strike in Bashir.
An airstrike in Riyadh killed militant commander.
In Juba, three militants were killed.
Two militants were killed in Sukariyat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016
- 5,719 Killed in Iraq during November – November 30th, 2016
- Army Opens New Front near Hawija; 138 Killed in Iraq – November 29th, 2016
- ISIS Attacks Police in Samarra; 49 Killed in Iraq – November 28th, 2016